Why do ceiling fans still remain as the most simple and economical way to cool off in summer and to make heating costs in winter?
When summer arrives, some days the heat is sometimes unbearable. The easiest way is of course water. But we can not remain continuously in the shower.
Air conditioning is quite appropriate. The problem is that although some manufacturers now offer air conditioners at affordable prices, it is hardly possible to install in most houses that are in a building. In addition, their facilities are still very expensive not to mention a rather high energy consumption.
The ventilation system in best ceiling fans that does not require major work since its installation is very easy. Its consumption is very small because the wattage of a fan does not exceed that of a bulb. There are two types of fans: with or without luminaire. If your room has a light coming from wall sconces and other lighting types such as a lamp or a table lamp, the choice will be a fan without lamp. Otherwise, you should opt for a fan with lamp model. Many models come with a remote control that lets you use the fan without having to get close, very convenient when the fan is on top of a table.
A ceiling fan offers not only a more pleasant cooling sensation by ventilation systems, but also healthier felling. Besides, fans also have the winter function. The principle is simple, the fan blades rotate in reverse and low speed, allowing to push the warm air stored in the ceiling and getting down along the walls. In winter, a fan allows a better distribution of air layers, decreasing the heat lost and saves up to 10% electricity.
Although most people know what a ceiling fan is and how to use it, there are a number of questions users are asking such as:
- How does a ceiling fan cool a room? The use of a ceiling fan does not create an actual temperature drop but an increase in the feeling of freshness. The air stirred by the fan provides the user the sensation of freshness, up to 8 ° less than the actual temperature.
- What is the r / min? The rev / min or rotations per minute, indicate the rotational speed of the fan and, therefore, is related to the consumption thereof. The higher number of revs / min, the higher the consumption is.
- On average, a fan that operates at the highest speed consumes less than 100W bulb and can allow savings up to 47% higher than air conditioning.
- How can I install a fan on a sloping ceiling? If you are install your fan on a sloping ceiling, make sure that the fan is quite far from the ceiling to prevent the blades bumping against it. The installation is possible up to an inclination of 20 °
- Can I use my fan all year? Ceiling fans are an effective way to reduce energy consumption throughout the year. In summer, they can be used alone or with air conditioning, reducing energy consumption to 40%. In winter, it allows a better distribution of air layers, decreasing the heat lost from the ceiling and saving up to 10% on heating bills.
- Can I install my fan outdoors? We have models designed to be placed in outdoor areas because they have a degree of protection IP44. However, they must be installed under cover and be properly maintained.
- How can I control the speed of my fan? There are models regulated by remote control, silver chain models and least common are those with a wall control. Most models that do not have remote control, can be fitted as an option.
- How should I clean or maintain my fan? To clean the fan, it is recommended not to use water to avoid the risk of damaging the engine. Simply use a soft cloth to avoid scratching.
- If the fan has to remain inactive for a long time, you should cut off the power supply to avoid overloading of the components. It is not necessary to lubricate the fan. The motor has permanently lubricated bearings.
- How to install my fan on a high ceiling? The manufacturer recommends installing the fan to 2.70 meters high. If your ceiling is more than 2.80 meters tall, you should use the extra rods available in the accessory category.
- Can I install the fan myself or call in a specialist? By following the detailed instruction manual, install your fan should not be a difficult task. However, as with any device that requires electrical installation, it is recommended that the installation be performed by a specialist.
- My fan does not start. What should I do ? If your fan does not start, check the fuse or switch and secondary circuits and connections from the terminals. Make sure that the slide switch is positioned at the top or bottom and the engine stabilizing tabs have been removed. If the fan still does not work, contact a qualified electrician.
- My fan oscillates. What should I do ? If your fan oscillates, check that all the blades are tightened and that the media is correctly attached to the ceiling. If this is the case, make sure the blades are all on the same level.
- My fan makes noise What should I do? If your fan makes noise, make sure all screws of the motor frame are tight. Note that it is important to wait 24 hours after you install to let it stabilizes.
- What is the recommended minimum distance between the wall and the blades? To ensure proper operation of your fan and good air circulation, it is recommended to leave a distance of at least 1 meter between the wall and the tips of the fan blades.
- If I want to install more fans in adjacent rooms, what should I do so they operate independently? Remote controllers can be set up to 16 frequency combinations from the transmitter of the remote control kit. For fans to operate independently, define a different frequency to each.
So now we bet that you are quite confident to choose best ceiling fans for your house. Let’s enjoy your coolness and relaxation with ceiling fan.